Friday, February 20, 2009

Blue and Gold Banquet





Tonight was the Blue and Gold banquet for our cub scouts. Bryan is in scouts right now and they invited the boys that were turning 8 this year to come also. I am sad to say that means Tyler was invited. I am only sad because that means that Tyler is turning 8! Yikes!! It is very hard for me to wrap my head around that. Times sure flies. Anyhow, the kids were asked to make a cake in a patriotic theme for tonight. Tyler "made" a cake that looked like a flag with twizzlers as stripes and blue sugar and yellow stars. He actually helped make the cake and he iced it and mommy did the decorating for the most part. He won most creative cake. Bryan's cake wasn't a cake at all. My mom helped with the idea of a candy cake. He glue candy to half of a paper towel tube. It turned out super cute. His award was the craziest cake. They both had fun. Now I have to figure out what to do with the 2 pounds of spaghetti that I have left over!  

Sorry about the second photo of Bryan's cake. I can't figure out how to make it go away!

1 comment:

  1. Cute! Your kids are so creative...just like their mama!

    Tyler is turning EIGHT?!?!?! WHAT?!?!?!????? What is happening?!

    LOVE YOU ALL so much!!! xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete