Thursday, February 12, 2009

Primary Bulletin Board


I was in charge of the bulletin board in the hallway for primary. It is the one that will stay up all year. I decided that it needed to be in line with our yearly theme which is "My Eternal Family" I thought that a picture of the temple closest to us would be awesome. I asked my daddy for one of his pictures that he took of the Washington DC Temple. He sent me one that he took in 1981. The picture is as old as my baby sister!! I had it enlarged to 11 x 14 and then I "painted" it with modge podge to make it look like an oil painting ( an awesome trick that I learned from Spencer's mom Cindy). I then made a picture frame out of balsa wood from Michael's. It was too boring so I stained it with scratch coat. I found this beautiful wide red velvet ribbon in some stores Christmas clearance so I used that for the border. One os my favorite parts of the board is that I used my cricut to cut out all of the last names of the kids in primary in navy blue vinyl. I stuck them to the red velvet border. I have to say that I love it! It turned out just the way I had planned. Isn't it great when that happens? I might do some touch ups but the kids love it. They love to find their last names when they are switching classes or coming to primary. I personally love to see my daddy's picture of the temple every time I walk down the hall. There is something comforting about it! Thanks dad!! (and mom too) 

No comments:

Post a Comment