Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentines Day for School





Ok, I love to make Valentines. I have to say that I am over it for right now though. Four kids time 20 plus or minus valentines is a bunch!! Craziness to say the least. I hope I have the energy to make my own now :) Dylan was the easiest. He decided that all the matters is the candy. I know that everyone is shocked to hear that about Dylan. He put a lollipop and a candy heart and a pinball game in a treat bag and signed his name and he was good to go. Tyler and I made arrows out of a glow stick and four paper hearts (thanks to the cricut) We sandwiched two on each end making cupids arrow and added a candy heart to one end. Super cute if I do say so myself. Madelyn used heart shaped doilies and a vintage valentine that I bought at an antique store and copied. They turned out super sute too. I so wanted to add glitter but there wasnt enough time. Boo hoo for me. Maybe for our close friends we can add glitter. I might die without being able to use some glitter on them :) Bryan decided that he didnt need my help any more. He cut squares out of card stock and then he stamped all over them and even stamped "From Bryan" on the backs. He added a piece of candy to the front. He did a great job. Now I have to unbury the table again but no flat surface is ever safe (ask my dad) They had fun and so did I . I cant wait to see what they bring home today. They have no school tomorrow or Monday. yeah me!

3 comments:

  1. You are too much! I'm so glad they don't put me in charge of that kind of stuff...I wasn't born with the creative bone that you and Mom were! It looks awesome! Nice job!

    Love you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that comment was supposed to go on the bulletin board one...this thing is messing up! weird.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, now for the valentines....they are super cute, but YOUR KIDS ARE CUTER!!! I absolutely cannot believe how grown up they are. They are such beautiful and wonderful children! You are such a good mom for helping each of them make homemade valentines...most moms would buy the boxed kind! You are so creative and crafty...and I'm jealous! Maybe I will be better at that kind of thing when I have more space for it...that would be so nice!

    Give all my little sweeties big hugs and kisses from Aunt Barbie... I love them SOOO MUCH!!!

    I will try to update our blog tonight...it has been so crazy! Porter is getting his first haircut today!

    I love you, big sis!!! You're the best :) XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete